What Is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a process where the teeth are given effective treatment in lightening the natural enamel without causing harm to any tooth surface. Teeth whitening does not provide natural color as before but tends to lighten the existing shade.
The teeth whitening process is given to those who are deprived of their natural enamel and are affected by ‘tartar’ as a universal aspect, while some may choose it as a beauty regime for smiling confidently. Everyone wants to have a bright smile on their faces, which means rejuvenation and confidence. For attaining this, the following facts about teeth whitening may seem helpful.
Facts About Teeth Whitening
- Professional bleaching is done by dental experts where they use a mouthguard for protecting the gums, and then the bleaching or whitening is applied using a tray that fits in the mouthguard. The ingredient used in the bleaching product is usually ‘hydrogen peroxide’; This is said to be an active ingredient where the oxygen present in the product is broken down and enters the enamel, making it lighter than before.
The treatment lasts for two to three weeks with occasional dental visits, and then you have to apply it all by yourself the whitening product as per the time prescribed by the dentist.
- Teeth whitening treatment does not tend to damage the teeth if you take the treatment from a quality and experienced dentist. Since the damage to the enamel is caused by aggressive brushing or is affected by tartar, professional dental teeth whitening procedure is worth safe. The active ingredients contain oxygen, which opens up pores and the stains are removed, after which the teeth become attractively white.
- Post the teeth whitening treatment; it is advisable for 24 hours to not have food or drinks that are highly pigmented and that could cause staining again. Beverages such as coffee, cold drinks that contain flavors or pigmentation are restricted.
- Teeth Whitening is said to be very easily accessible, and its cost depends upon the various dental healthcare centers. It has short-term as well as long-term treatments and has power and laser teeth lightening treatments.
What Dentists Highly Recommend?
Dentists recommend opting for teeth whitening only when tartar or foul mouth smells entirely damage the teeth. It is said that people are prone to tooth sensitivity following a whitening treatment. It is a myth that teeth whitening toothpaste can do wonders to your teeth by resulting in whitening. It is better not to spend money on teeth whitening products. Dentists recommend the following points despite going to a cosmetologist regarding teeth whitening.
- Do not apply lemons and strawberry juices as a part of the natural remedy of whitening teeth because they may be very effective at first, but they may cause harm later because the acids present in lemon juice eat away the natural enamel, resulting in teeth complications and treatments. It is advantageous to seek a dental practitioners’ guidance before opting for a natural remedy. The dentist will see the condition of your teeth through X Rays and recommend the treatment to be taken.
- Although you have achieved your desired shade of teeth, they will eventually become stained after a few years or even in a few months. It is best to take care of the teeth carefully post the treatment.
- Rinse your mouth following each meal and after drinking beverages.
- It is advised to drink harsh colored drinks with straw so that only your tongue can feel the taste and the pigments do not harm the teeth enamel.
- Visit your dentist regularly to take suggestions about advanced level maintenance. Dentists are experts, and they can provide you with many ways of maintaining the teeth enamel restored.
- Floss regularly to prohibit the risk of getting a plaque and do not use flavored mouthwashes. It is best to take mouthwash composed of only hydrogen peroxide.
- Do not use whitening toothpaste regularly, and only opt to use it twice in a week. Regularly commit to undergoing the whitening treatment with whitening kit prescribed by the dentist, every day without fail.
- Avoid smoking, chewing tobacco and taking wine, and other beverages that would remove the teeth enamel permanently.
Dr. Roman Fedorciw, a Rocky Hill Dentist, suggests that it is best to prevent diseases and disorders than to head to the dentist every month and spend loads of money. Children should be made to practice good oral hygiene since childhood so that the next generation will not need to visit dental clinics. Prevention is better than cure, and thus, one must avoid bad habits such as drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes, which results in teeth and gum damage.