A perfect, beautiful smile is the key to winning the hearts. It can create a great impression on people and set the bar high while you communicate with them. But for that perfect smile, you need to check up on your dental health.
If your teeth do not look presentable when you smile and talk; if they are not in the right shape, or are discolored, broken, emit poor breath or anything like that — it may lead to set a negative impression on the other person. Hygiene always talks. Maintaining your oral hygiene is as important as you maintain physical hygiene. Bad oral health tends to cause significant health issues as an after effect. Therefore, it is imperative to get a dental routine check-up done for you and your family as well.
How Can Poor Oral Hygiene Lead To Several Other Health Issues?
Having poor oral health puts a person at risk as it can lead to a lot of other health issues. Poor oral hygiene is connected to the roots of many potential health diseases a human can acquire. The gum is linked with your body in a way that a minor dental issue can even cause significant diseases. Hence, it is critical to take care of your teeth and gums. The potential health issues that poor oral health leads to are as follows:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Respiratory Infection
- Pregnancy Complications
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Kidney Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
As we can see, these are some diseases caused due to poor oral hygiene. It is obvious no one would like to have mountains out of molehills. If it leads to conditions like these, steps to maintain good oral health must be taken immediately.
Symptoms Of Poor Oral Hygiene
There are quite a lot of signs and symptoms that can tell you that you may have poor oral hygiene which later might affect your overall health. The list is as follows:
- Sensitive teeth
- Bleeding or sore in the gums
- Mouth sore
- Bad breath
- Jaw pain
- Popping or clicking in the jaw
- Dry mouth
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Infections caused due to oral piercings
Remedies to prevent your teeth from poor oral health
Following some good habits to maintain your oral hygiene can save you from having a lot of serious health issues later. Prevention is always better than cure. Here are some steps you must follow if you wish to be blessed with perfect oral health:
- You need to brush your teeth and gums for minimum two minutes daily.
- You need to make a habit of brushing the teeth twice a day, generally once in the morning and later at night before you go to bed after your meal
- You should floss your teeth daily
- Use a soft or medium-bristle toothbrush to brush after each meal
- Replace your toothbrush every three months
- Avoid smoking cigarettes, or chewing tobacco products as the nicotine and other chemicals it consists of are bad for your oral health
- It is prescribed to use toothpaste and mouthwash products that contain fluoride
- You should set a limit on the consumption of sugary foods and drinks
- Regularly visit your dentist for oral hygiene cleanings
- You must eat a well-balanced diet for optimum nutrition to maintain your oral health intact
Related Article: 11 Essential Facts About Dental Braces That You Must Know
Is There Any Treatment For Bad Oral Health?
Yes absolutely, there is always a cure for most of the possible oral issue a person has the potential to develop. Other than the steps above for the prevention of your teeth, you can always go for a consultation with your doctor and get a checkup done. Your endodontist will treat you right and clear all your further queries. Follow what is prescribed to you. You will achieve the best for your dental care treatment.
Hope the above information about oral hygiene is helpful. Covington Dentist, Dr. Ross Quartano, suggests that getting in touch with the right dentist is highly essential to cure every issue related to your oral health. Make a move and address your problems right away!