Veneers also referred to as dental laminates, are a quick solution for a beautiful smile. They are perfect for people with teeth that are stained, fractured, chipped or have gaps. A veneer is a thin slice of porcelain to fit over the tooth like a false fingernail fits over a nail. It is used to recreate the natural look of teeth, while also providing strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel.They are custom made to the contour of your teeth and are bonded to the tooth’s original enamel. But veneers are an irreversible treatment, so having them placed is a big decision.
- Practice Proper Oral Hygiene: It will not only prolong the life of your veneers but also keep your mouth healthy. You will need to brush twice a day and floss once in order to keep your veneers in tip-top shape.
- Use Soft Toothbrush and Proper Toothpaste: Hard-bristled toothbrushes can cause damage to the polish on your veneers. Try and stay away from toothpaste that have harsh abrasives as they also can cause damage to your veneers.
- Prevent Gum Disease: Receding gums have the tendency to expose part of the veneer which could, in turn, impact the overall appearance of them as well as your smile. Continue to practice proper oral hygiene to prevent gum diseases.
- Avoid Chewing on Objects: Even though porcelain veneers are durable they are not quite as strong as regular teeth. Try not to chew on hard objects such as ice, your fingernails, pens, and pencils, it could cause your veneers to chip or damage.
- Avoid Grinding and Clenching Teeth: They have the ability to wear down your veneers and can cause severe damage to the porcelain.
- Avoid Foods That Stain Your Teeth: Try to avoid items such as coffee, soda, red wine, tea, berries, and beets, and try to use a straw in order to decrease the chances of these drinks staining your veneers.
- Quit Smoking: It can cause your veneers to become stained and discolored. If you want them to look their best then you need to make sure you do not smoke.
- Frequent Dental Check-Ups: When you have porcelain veneers it is important that you get regular dental checkups. Your gums and teeth will remain healthy and your veneers can be repaired if need be. Do not miss your six-month check-up with your dentist.
- Get Your Veneers Polished: Polishing can help to preserve the life of your dental veneers. It is advised to get your veneers polished approximately once every three months.
- Protect Your Teeth: Basketball, football, wrestling, and other such sports may put your beautiful new smile in danger. You will want to wear a mouth guard or other form of protection to ensure that your veneers remain safe.
Porcelain veneers make tremendous improvements in your appearance and confidence. Keep in mind that veneers are an irreversible treatment. They have the potential to last 10-15 years if they are well-maintained. They will need to be replaced at some point, no matter how well you take care of them.
If you’re deciding on veneers, consult with your local dentist and be sure you understand every part of the process and cost. A beautiful smile feels great and can increase both your confidence and well-being. We recommend you to visit Dr. Jaskaren Randhawa, a Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist.
Dr. Jaskaren Randhawa is the best dentist in Manhattan available for you to consult and receive dental treatment. She has the best solutions to all your dental health problems. Through her training and experience in comprehensive care, Dr. Randhawa developed her clinical expertise in advanced restorative, cosmetic, endodontic, and surgical dentistry, and in treating phobic patients.
She is an active member of the American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and the New York County Dental Society. Her practice is equipped with state of the art diagnostic tools and equipment so that she is always at the top of all advancement in procedure and techniques
She leads a team of highly skilled professionals dedicated towards the enhancement of their client’s smile. They are always available to answer all patient queries and concerns pre and post-treatment. Educating the patient about all available options in as much detail as possible.
Numerous patients have benefitted from her experience and expertise and have had satisfactory results. Her dedication towards helping her patients achieve optimal oral health has earned them a formidable reputation of best Dental Professional in Manhattan.