A Brief Introduction
It is really mandatory to have a regular Dental Examination and To clean in our busy lives. Nowadays the adults and the children are regularly having junk food which is adversely affecting their health and creating oral infections since the food content is more acidic in nature. Moreover, a casual and careless approach towards health is making such examinations essential in our daily lives. It is very much necessary to have a dental examination as a preventive measure.
During the Dental Examination, Dentists clean your teeth making them free from cavities and other gum diseases. The dentists will also assess the risk potential of a patient to develop oral infections and will advise precautionary measures to eliminate the frequent occurrence of the disease. A dental examination is a holistic approach where the dentists will also recommend a proper diet chart and will also use various techniques like floss, minute surgeries, scaling and many more to cure the patients of the disease.
Why Dental Examination And Cleaning Is Done?
The lifestyle nowadays for various people and even children makes it necessary for such examinations. Moreover many of the patients suffer from Dental Abscess, gum infection, gum swelling, dentin hypersensitivity and much more diseases which occur due to lack of proper diet, chewing tobacco, smoking, irregular brushing, rough brushing, discolored teeth, chewing problems and there are various other reasons which make such examinations an essential part of our lives.
When Do You Have A Dental Exam?
According to The American Dental Association, every adult should have a frequent dental exam at various intervals as suggested by the dentist. Even if you have your artificial teeth, it is necessary to consult with your doctor otherwise the remedy derived for the use of artificial teeth declines to a larger extent.
See Also: What Do You Know About The Gingivitis?
How To Prepare For A Dental Exam?
Generally, for a dental exam, it is very much important to discuss with your neighbors or your loved ones for the best doctor who can heal your oral infections and give you some of the preventive measures. Moreover, the location of the dentist fall among the most vital factors since the level of convenience in such procedures is important from the patient’s point of view.
Also one should not forget the cost factor since such exams are to be organized frequently and should be pocket-friendly. Since Dental exam and cleaning involves a holistic approach, consulting with a good dentist at affordable cost makes such examinations more easy and painless.
What To Expect From Dental Exam?
During a dental exam, the dentist will :
- Analyze your overall health problems
- Will analyze your ancillary diseases like diabetes or any other diseases you are suffering from
- Evaluate the necessity for tooth replacement
- Checking the capability to take a bite
- Removing any cavities or stains in your teeth
- Use proper cleaning techniques to make you comfortable
- Take X-rays whenever necessary to find out the root cause of the problem
During the Dental Examination, the dentist will recommend:
- Proper diet
- Type of toothpaste to be used
- Type of brush to be used
- Any type of antibiotics
- Counseling you to stop the consumption of tobacco, alcohol, and cigarettes
- Advise you for further follow-up
- Create a plan for further checks
Various types of dental Xrays:
Dental X-ray is very much important for a dental exam and cleaning there are various types of X-rays:
- Bitewing:- This type of X-ray helps the dentist to see the upper and the lower crowns of the teeth
- Periapical: This type of X-ray helps the dentist to examine the complete tooth
- Occlusal: This type of X-ray helps the dentist to see whether the upper teeth fit with the lower teeth.
- Panoramic: This type of examination helps to see the entire mouth
- Cone beam computerized tomography: This helps to get a 3D view of the examination
X-rays are also important to determine oral cancer and nowadays it is a frequent disease.
In some cases, the dentist might use a dental impression which is very normal practice to know your capability to take a bite. Moreover, this practice is also used to produce a replica of your teeth for making a mouth guard or bleaching trays.
According to the famous dentist Dr. Bob Dokhanchi in Aurora, an effective dental examination requires ethics, quality, safety and comfort for the patients. Dental exam and cleaning are very much important in our lives since every now and then people are suffering from various teeth infection due to their lifestyle and food intake.