Eyes are an extraordinarily delicate and crucial part of our body. It is the most important sense organ. The more intricate it is, the more complications can arise in the eyes if not maintained properly. Sometimes physical or chemical injuries of the eyes can be terrible for the vision. So they are referred to as the eye injury. Apart from these, there are various eye problems which when occur are advised to be consulted soon by an optometrist.
An Optometrist is the doctor of optometry. Optometry is a profession which involves examining the eyes, detecting the problems and provide a prescribed diagnosis of the eyes. There are various optic diseases like a corneal abrasion or the scratched eye, eye swelling due to a jolt to the eyes from something moving at high speed, eye bleeding, etc. Now we can look up at the causes of such injuries, i.e., why they occur, they are:
- A sudden blow to the eyes: A swift strike to the eyes with some hard object can affect the eyes badly. Sometimes it can break the bones around the eyes. Sometimes the eye muscles get entangled inside the fractured bone and then surgery will be the only way to get free of this problem.
- When something unwanted gets into the eyes: Some foreign materials like sand particles, dust, etc. get into the eyes it creates irritation followed by some more problems. If the object is a little bit sharp, then it can affect the cornea too and then you can’t take it out on your own.
- Eyestrain: It is a significant cause that is very common, and it occurs when you stress the eyes very much like the excessive use of phone or laptop, studying in low light, etc.
- Chemical burns: It can also cause many vision problems. If some chemical substance gets sprayed mistakenly in the eyes; they can lead to severe injuries.
- Harmful UV rays: The UV rays or the Ultra Violet rays from the sun can burn your eyes. Initially, they can cause itching, red eyes, etc. but in the long run, they can generate various diseases like cataract, which is dangerous and affects the retina.
There are symptoms of these vision problems too; signs help a person in identifying a particular problem in the vision and get them treated as soon as possible. Some of them are:
- Pain and sensation in the eyes
- Light sensitivity is also common
- Redness of the eyes
- A headache. If it remains for long, you must get it checked it is one of the critical symptoms of coming vision problems.
- Blurry vision
- Eye pain is also a significant symptom and needs to be checked on time
The methods of prevention are as follows:
- A periodic eye exam should be conducted at regular intervals to know any risks involved with the eyes.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle. Also, maintain a well-organized diet. You should eat a nutritious diet to keep your eyesight healthy. Supplement your diet with eye vitamins to keep your eyes healthy.
- Provide safety to the eyes while doing certain activities like sports. Wear durable eye protective classes during such activities to avoid any trauma to the eyes.
- Don’t stress your eyes much. Eyes have certain limitations, specific limits, don’t try to push it beyond that limit. Doing so will lend your eyes in trouble as being the most delicate organ they won’t be able to withstand such stress.
- Know your high-risk possibilities: If you have a family health history, then it increases the risk for sight-threatening eye disease. To avoid them get your eyes checked regularly.
- Exercise regularly, as some studies suggest that daily physical activity can help a lot in getting rid of vision issues.
- Avoid smoking as people who smoke are at higher risks of developing diseases like macular degeneration, cataracts, and many others.
A patient suffering from vision issues should consult the right specialist for eyes, that is, an optometrist, at the earliest to solve the current problem and also for any future issues to propagate.
Important Article: Contact Lens Care
According to Dr. Durocher, a Lebanon Optometrist, a doctor who specializes in eye treatments or who has years of experience should be chosen. Moreover, the medical professional must have advanced training about the specific eye problem.
So, Visit the best optometrist near you, and get all your problems solved.